HTC Vive Virtual Reality Experience – Construct Studio
The Price of Freedom is an interactive room-scale Virtual Reality narrative experience for the HTC Vive. Players take the role of Agent Zero, a CIA operative. Your mission: assassinate Benjamin Miller, a radical who broke into CIA facilities and stole top secret chemical weapons research. Interact with and explore Ben’s apartment. Through documents, pictures, audio tapes, and hidden messages, players learn the truth about what Miller was searching for the night he broke in.
The narrative is based on Project MKULTRA, the CIA mind control research project of the 1950s-1960s. Contents in the experience are derived from actual declassified CIA documents.
The Price of Freedom has received high praise for its immersive story.
- Structured story plot, character arcs, and themes to create an immersive narrative experience
- Created level design that supports the narrative
- Wrote dialogue, including dramatic scenes
- Directed voice actors performance
Development (Unity / C#)
- Contributed to the development of the game’s interaction system, allowing players to pick up and interact with objects in the space
- Implemented Flashlight mechanic, allowing hidden messages to be revealed with a UV light through a custom shader.
- Implemented scripted Gameplay events