PC Plugins for Unity and Maya – Construct Studio
VERA is an interactive content creation pipeline that bridges the gap between 3D Modeling Software and Game Engines. Through the VERA plugin, a template is used to apply functionality to a 3D model in the users modeling program of choice. A plugin within a game engine imports this 3D model and applies all of the necessary coding. The assets made with VERA interact with each other, creating an immersive game world.
- Worked with designers to break down concepts to technical implementation. Helped design and scope the product’s first release functionality.
- Conceptualized and implemented the software’s interaction system, allowing Vera projects to be built to PC, VR, and AR simultaneously.
- Contributed to the design of the Maya Plugin user flow.
- Vera Maya Plugin: Developed plugin backend in Python to track node data, as well the Vera container exporter.
- Designed and developed a JSON Schema and web-based JSON template editor for custom container metadata input and output.
- Developed the Vera Unity importer, which automatically reads Vera metadata and attaches and sets up Unity components at import.
- Developed the Unity Vera API, including our signal / receiver system which allows users to set up responses to interaction or game events without writing code, then build the same project to PC, VR, or AR .
- Managed the engineering team’s schedule, scope, and resources.